Marketing Salon and Spa: Firing Clients
Hair Salon Marketing: Firing Clients
Why Don’t You just Go and Fire that client-you know which one I am talking about….
No matter what Salon you are, and where in the world you are, we all have “That Client” the one you would gladly get rid of if only you had the nerve. Salon Marketing Kits
You know the client – she comes in and it’s the same expression on her face that just let’s you know-here WE GO AGAIN!
Spa Salon Marketing: Does Any of This Sound Familiar to You?
I had one in our Salon, let’s call her Mildred.
- She is late for every appointment, no call to tell us so, even though she does have a mobile.
- She is now cranky, because she is late, not late for you, but the appointments that comes next. (Is this our fault??)
- She now complains about the text messages she received about the fantastic offers I had available during the month, and then at the same time now goes into the emails she has had. It never dawns on her that she could read them and see she has control over what she has in her inbox and UNSUBSCRIBE! After all she did agree to receive them in the first place.
- Then she goes for it- she continues to complain that the shampoo gives her an itchy scalp, even though you change this every-time she comes in.
- The coffee is disgusting, I would have to remind myself my salon was not a coffee shop. Hell I am Salon Owner, what do I know about various coffee’s. So I served her smiling whilst asking myself “Why do I put up with her”?
- Next tells us she can’t afford our ‘new prices’, which we haven’t put up for ages (another mistake).
- Then haircut was not up to normal standard and so we once again ‘placate’ this woman, we do this because we are taught that the customer is always right-WRONG!
Salon Marketing Ideas
Have you ever sat down and asked yourself ‘Why’ she keeps coming back for more?
Well it is because this woman is a Master; yes a Master act at getting things for nothing! She would even complain that the food served at the Queens garden party was crap! Salon Marketing Companies
If you think about it carefully, it is obvious, she knows if she keeps complaining, one would cave in each and every time, just to keep ‘her quiet’ but honestly she wouldn’t keep quiet, she would tell her friends to do the same thing at other places as it brings it “Rewards”. If my salon or even your salon was that bad, she wouldn’t come back time after time, after time!
All part of the act, that starts as whinging, whining and moaning as soon as she hits the deck outside your shop.
Clients like this are no good for your sanity! They bemoan every thing you do, wear you down, and make you jump through hoops, even though you are doing a quality job. Beauty Salon Marketing
What do you do? Take a deep breath, smile and say…
“You have been coming here now for a while and all you do is complaining, we are constantly giving you free services – nothing is right in your eyes. You treat this salon with so much disrespect. I don’t want you to come back; you will have to find another salon to do your hair. Our books are now closed to you.
Yes It’s just Time to Fire that client….it feels so good!
Until Next Time,