Thread: How much is your texting/sms costing you?

How much is your texting/sms costing you?

If you have a computerized system in your Salon you will undoubtedly be using some kind of sms messaging service.

Some providers will 'tie' you into their own service and you usually find you would be possibly paying more for this.

Others however allow you the flexibility of using your own chosen service which is what we did in our Salon.

We found that www.smsglobal.com were the cheapest with no tie in's at all. We were paying about .80cents per text message.

What/who are you using to service your sms texting?
    Owner of ExpertSalonMarketing.com

Hi Kim,

Skype is another way to Text really cheaply. You need to add some credit first and it is easily done from your computer or smartphone. My text messages are well under 20cents per text, with well over 56 words.

I hadn't thought of skype even though I use this to call overseas and skype to skype calls are free.

If you have a computerized system through your till, can you still use this and how does it work, if the costs are that cheap it is a massive saving for salon owners.

I used to send out reminder messages for appointments and also sometimes would try and fill empty 'gaps'.

If you take 100 messages at .80cents which is what I was paying that is $80 and if we can use skype at .20 x 100 that is only $20. That is for one week.

That is serious money if you take this over one year.

Look at your computer system to see how much they are charging you and work out with these figures what savings are possible.

Only you can decide what is best for your unique salon.
    Owner of ExpertSalonMarketing.com